Friday 21 March 2014


 

 Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Unveil 2014 Livery


Riding the 2014 YZR-M1 up the Losail start-finish straight in front of the world’s key motorcycle media, the riders displayed the team’s new livery, featuring of course the logo of new title sponsors Movistar.

Lorenzo and Rossi were joined at the presentation by Kouichi Tsuji, General Manager of Yamaha Motor Co.'s Motorsports Division, Yamaha Motor Racing’s Managing Director Lin Jarvis and Telefónica Spain’s Director of Media, Luis Velo to reveal the new livery.

Now the wait is over and the riders will take to the track under the floodlights in just over 24 hours to begin practice for round one of the 2014 MotoGP World Championship, the Commercial Bank Grand Prix of Qatar.


"Finally we can start the engines!" enthused Lorenzo. "The forthcoming championship is about to kick off and that sounds great after a long winter. As we were able to improve our performance at Phillip Island with the new tyres I feel quite confident for the very first race. I undertook three surgeries during the wintertime to take out some plates and metal pieces from the collarbone and the hand so I returned to full fitness quite late. In general I feel nearly at 100% and I guess in Qatar we won’t have any problems to push to the maximum."

"I’m really looking forward to tomorrow, following the unveiling of the new Movistar Yamaha MotoGP livery. I love the new bike and the new colours. Posing with the new bike today has been the best incentive to kick-off the season!

Rossi added, "I’m so happy because we are finally here at the start of the first race weekend of the year. We have worked very hard in the testing to make some of my issues from last year better and we have found some really good speed. I have been able to be very competitive and been with the fastest riders during testing. I’m very happy with the work done to my M1 over the winter that has helped me to be fast; we have a competitive bike to fight for the podium this weekend.

"When I received the news of the arrival of Movistar, I was very happy. It is a great thing to start the year with such a fantastic sponsorship announcement. We must all be very happy for that. Yamaha are very excited, and I am as well. I hope that Movistar will enjoy the journey with us this year and bring luck and podiums! Surely it is a greater incentive to do even better."

0 komentar: