Thursday 10 April 2014

 

Marquez Fitness Improving Ahead of Return To Austin


As World Champion Marc Marquez heads back to the scene of his first premier class race victory, he aims to maintain his winning form whilst his body gets back to full strength.

Having broken his right leg just a few weeks before the season start Marquez rode remarkably well to overcome Valentino Rossi in a great battle for the win in Qatar and now the young Spanish rider will be stronger for the trip to Texas.

Although the injury did not seem to impede him too much in Qatar, Marquez stated that with so many right hand turns at the Losail track, he was having to compensate for his weaker leg with his right arm, so the recent two and a half week break between races has been vital for the young Spaniard.

“Since round one I’ve been focusing on getting my leg stronger and my body fitter in preparation for the Austin race this weekend,” Marquez explained. “This track is one of my favourites, I had a good race here last year where I have good memories of taking my first win in the MotoGP class. We’ll have to wait and see the situation with the new rules for this year, but anyway we will be focused on our work.

“Thankfully the majority of hard turns are left handers at this track which is easier on my leg as I’m still not 100% fit"

His teammate Dani Pedrosa, who took third place in Qatar, will also be looking to take a step up and challenge for the win in Austin, a race in which he led the first twelve laps of last year, before being passed by Marquez who went on to win, marking the first 1-2 finish for the Repsol Honda duo in 2013.

Pedrosa added, “I've had a good training week at home and now I'm looking forward to get to Austin, to see the team and ride at a track I like. We had a good race there last year and we’ll have to see how the bike works there this year. I hope to ride well and that we are greeted by the usual good atmosphere in America at this second visit to 2014 MotoGP Austin.”


0 komentar: